Monday, September 25, 2017

Yellowstone 9/24/17: Firehole and the Gibbon

 

September 24, 2017: We went back to the Firehole Sunday morning.  I worked my way down to my favorite spot near Muleshoe, and did really well.  After lunch, I wanted to check out Gibbon Falls, so we hiked up the stream to the falls.  It was beautiful.  I broke off a large brown below the falls, and landed another batch of fish euro nyphing the fast pocket water.  After we fished the Falls and below for a few hours, I had my dad drop me off above Gibbon Meadows while he went and took some photographs.  I told him to pick me up in two hours while I worked my way through the meadows to the junction.  I rigged up my 6 weight with sinking line and an articulated streamer.  Within 20 minutes I stuck a nice 20 inch bow.  I then landed a 16 incher, and an 18 incher.  I was ecstatic - three nice bows in the park on articulated streamers - it doesn't get much better.  I had landed 43 fish on the day. One of the best days I've had fishing.


No comments: