Saturday, November 8, 2014

North Carolina DH Trip - Tuck

Woke up Saturday morning to a cool 32 degree morning.  Our cabin was right on the river.  Three of us started fishing in front of the cabin, while another went down stream.  The crowd was incredible - overwhelming. I found a good spot and started catching a few fish.  As I was changing flies a guy stepped 30 feet in front of me and took my spot.  I've never had someone do that before.  I crossed the river and went and sat on the bank.  I was ready to go somewhere else.  After about an hour I got back in the river and picked up another dozen fish.  Nothing big.  Tons of fish. I don't know that I'll be back to the Tuck - at least not during a weekend.  Other folks in our group caught a lot of fish, and some big fish as well.  Nevertheless, it was simply too crowded for my taste.