Friday, July 25, 2014

Lamson Guru: Review

Before I went to Yellowstone I was in a local fly shop looking for a few last minute supplies.  I had been using a small arbor Orvis reel on my 10 foot 4 weight.   I asked the guy working the shop if he had any good deals on a reel that he would recommend for my rod. He showed me a Lamson Guru Special Edition Black.  The reel looked perfect and I couldn't resist.  I own two other Lamson reels, so I knew I would be getting a quality reel. I put the reel to extensive use in Yellowstone.  Although the Guru is the cheapest of the Lamson reels that I use, it is now my favorite.  The reel provides excellent balance on the 10 foot 4 weight rod.  The retrieval speed is good, and the best part, it seems to spool perfectly on the retrieve.  I've had issues with almost every other reel that I've owned with the line spooling unevenly. With the Guru, I've yet to have a problem.  A great product at a great price!
http://waterworks-lamson.com/