Monday, November 9, 2015

North Carolina

I drove up to meet the crew at Snowbird on Friday for our annual North Carolina fall trip.  As in years past, Snowbird did not disappoint. I ended up with about 20 fish to hand, including a slam (brook, brown, and a rainbow).  By far the majority of the fish were rainbows.  I was surprised at how many wild rainbows I caught in the DH section.  
On Saturday we decided to check out the Ravens Fork Trophy Section.  It was much more crowded than expected, and it was slow going in the morning. I was able to spot a number of fish, but they just weren't moving.  We started out up high. After lunch, we went down to the lower section. I had fished meat in the morning and decided to go small in the afternoon. Small was the ticket.  I caught a handful in the afternoon. I lost my best fish of day after a pretty long battle.  Next time I'm bringing a landing net.  One guy in our group caught a 23 inch pig using my 8 weight.  Most of the fish I caught were in the 14 inch range. The picture below is typical of what I was catching.  A good two days of fishing!