Friday, April 8, 2011

F*** the Tenkara

What a difference a year makes. Almost a year ago to the day I had just been on a successful trip to the GSMNP using my new Tenkara rod. I thought I had found the perfect small/medium stream rod.....especially for in the smokies where wild bows and brookie rise conistantly to dry flies almost year round. Fast forward to yesterday around 2:30 pm where I had managed to find a couple of hours from a business trip to my favorite rainbow creek in the GSMNP. I was in a hurry and was rigging up when I proceeded to break the tip of the Tenkara for the 4th time. Yes, I was in a hurry and yes, the company is very clear about the caution when dealing with the the last section, but this was ridiculous. I am shelving the Tenkara. I am not ordering any more replacement sections. I hope someone researching this rod stumbles upon this post. If you are that person, I cannot stress how easily it is to break the tip of this rod.

3 comments:

  1. So, what do you want for what's left of your tenkara rod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm sure he'll give you a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cstewart35, send me an email atleydavidson@gmail.com and we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete