Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday High

The GUBNA
I got to the river at around 1:30 to meet up with Streamer Rob (Strob) and Doc.  They had already done some floating and fishing, and did very well using stonefly patterns.  Doc landed a 12 inch brown before I even got there.  We started at the boat-launch, working down to Towee on a short float trip. Stoneflies were hatching all afternoon, with a few bwos mixed in for good measure. We caught about 30, including a number of quality fish in the 13-15 inch range. We didn't get any pics, but Doc has some video.

DOC
Streamer Rob and I got the boat in the water a little after 11am and saw fish rising on the far bank from the powerhouse ramp. It took me a little while to figure out what they were eating, but after tying on a little BWO emerger I was into fish. I had 6 fish to hand in about 1 hour of fishing. Half of them were on my Junk Yard Stone size 10. The others were on a CDC BWO emerger that I tied....size 18. Since we were still at the ramp area we decided to row back across on wait for the Gubna. We were back in the water around 1:30 with a full boat. The stone and BWO emerger combo shutdown in the afternoon. I was skunked the rest of the afternoon, but the Gubna and Streamer Ron picked up several fish on buggers and streamers.